USCIS is Raising Application Fees!

USCIS has announced a significant increase in application fees.

As of April 1, 2024, the new fees, including the biometric appointment, are as follows;

Application typeCurrent feePost-increase wage
I-485 (Adjustment of Status, Green Card Application)1225$1440$
I-129F (Fiancé Visa Application)535$675$
I-751 (Application for Removal of Conditions)680$750$
I-130 (on paper)535$675$
I-130 (Online application)535$625$
I-765 (Work Permit Application)495$520$
I-131 (Application for Travel Authorization)660$630$
I-539 (Application for Change of Status)455$470$
EB-5 Investor Visa3,675$11,160$
I-140 (Immigration Application for Foreign Workers)700$715$
H-1B Visa460$780$
L-1 Visa (Form I-129)460$1385$
O-1 Visa (Form I-129)460$1055$
H-1B Registration Processing Fee10$215$
N-400 (Citizenship Application, online application)725$710$
I-360 (VAWA Application)435$515$

Applicants can use the fee calculator feature on the USCIS website to find out the new fees they will have to pay after April 1, 2024.

Unlike many other federal agencies, USCIS is almost entirely funded by these fees. Approximately 96% of the agency's funding comes from form application fees, with the remaining 4% coming from Congressional appropriations.

These price increases are aimed at enabling the organization to fully cover transaction costs and shorten transaction times.

Fees for individual applicants were not increased by more than 26%. The 26% increase in the Consumer Price Index since 2016 was reflected in the USCIS processing fees.

In addition, fee increases for applications such as naturalization and adoption were limited. The Agency stated that special discounts have been introduced for some fees so that the increases do not affect non-profit organizations and small businesses.

USCIS also stated that for the types of forms for which it offers online filing, a $50 discount will be offered to those who choose this method instead of filing paper applications.

Share this post:

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
WhatsApp
Email